Thursday, January 23, 2014

Ireland Review














  





Layers are always GREAT for the Irish weather! This was from a rainy shopping trip to Galway, one of my favorite places to visit



This was a pull off the road let's check this out stop at the Burren Perfumery. I strongly recommend it, it was a fabulous experience and I was able to pick up some amazing souvenirs to take home (such as Eucalyptus handsoap, so yummy!)


  While in Dublin you'll see many gigantic yellow boats driving around the streets with loud passengers roaring at passerbys, this is a MUST do!! The Viking Splash Tours can NOT be passed up. It is such a fun little tour whether you know the city or not.

If you ever find yourself on the West coast of Ireland a stop should be made at the gorgeous Doolin Pier. Approximately a 20minute drive from the Cliffs of Moher it isn't just another pretty sight. At the pier you can take a boat trip to the Aran Island (which I highly advise to do on a day it isn't raining!) or you can boat past the Cliffs of Moher and see sights from Harry Potter. While researching outfits for Ireland the overall consensus was to leave a raincoat at home because you'll look like a tourist... I brought mine and it rained every day for the entire two weeks I was there. BEST ITEM I PACKED!

My absolute FAVORITE part of Ireland are the Cliffs of Moher. No matter the season or the temperature of the day, go go go! The view is absolutely gorgeous. On a clear day you can see all the way to the Aran Islands. I don't recommend paying the extra amount to climb Brian's Tower, you aren't missing much by skipping it. If you're there during the fall try the tuna salad panini! I was completely heartbroken this summer when I went and was informed it's a fall only meal, had I known that I would have eaten my weight in them the first time I visited!
 
Must See and Do in Dublin:
Queen of Tarts
Book of Kells/TCD Library
Viking Splash Tour
St. Patrick Cathedral
The Irish dance museum
Gino's Gelato by Stephen's Green (they have blueberry muffin gelato!)
West Coast To Do's:
Matt Malloy's Pub (West Port)
The Burren Perfumery
Clare Jam Shop (Doolin, not far from Cliffs)
The Cliffs of Moher
St. Bridgit's Well (Doolin)
The Doolin Pier (Doolin)
GALWAY!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the maxi skirt outfit.
    http://fashioncrazy-abby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete