Friday, January 17, 2014

Relaxing and Rejuvenating

After the first week of a new semester I like to relax and rejuvenate. Sure its always great to do that during hectic weeks such as finals but I know that if I don't relax right off the bat then I will stress the rest of the semester. So I try to start the semester at a nice and relaxing pase.
To help me relax and rejuvenate this semester I will be taking this afternoon and pampering myself a little (nothing wrong with that!) Recently I was watching Dr. Oz because there was nothing else on t.v. and it was a rather interesting episode focusing on his two week intensive diet but he also suggested a nice soothing bath to rid the body of toxins. That is where I'll be starting today!
Dr. Oz Detox bath, soak in:
2 cups Epsom salt
1 cup baking soda
(and a few drops of lavendar essential oil)


I'll light my yummy candles and sink down into my detox bath and sip on this ever so delicious drink! I really prefer warm drinks when taking a bath because it just makes me all sleepy and super relaxed, there isn't a better feeling, right?!

 1 cup milk
1 tsp honey
2 drops vanilla extract
1 pinch ground cinnamon
Pour milk into a microwave safe mug and place into microwave. Cook on High until the milk is very hot and begins to foam, about 3 minutes. Stir in honey and vanilla, then sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
(I found this here)



What are some of your relaxation tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment